Monday, October 5, 2009

My weekend.......

General Conference weekend.
Two days of spiritual enlightenment.
Total fun!!!

On Friday I left for my friends house with the intent to just chill and watch General Conference...Right. Friday evening got off to a great start. Mic left her keys at a friends house, so she didn't have her key to get into her room. She was fairly late for work that evening seeing that she didn't have the appropriate work clothes. While she was at work, I ended up playing with her two year old niece. I finally gave up at about midnight. Saturday arrived, Mic got her key back, we got ready for the conference, raided her kitchen to get food for some starving football players, delivered said food to some grateful football guys, and later attended the morning session. I loved Elder Bednar's talk...it definitely made me think of the fam and how much they mean to me. Afterward, I changed into more comfortable clothing and went to a SRJC football game. But not before mooching off the Elders for some pizza and soda. To be fair though, I did give them some mint Oreo cookies for their trouble. The game was awesome and pretty intense. The final score was 54 to 32! My throat was sore from screaming and yelling from both excitement and flat out bad calls. The zebra's were working overtime during that game. Anyway, Mic and I ended up watching the afternoon GC session at her uncles house. The next day, we watched both sessions of GC, played some basketball with the missionaries, and watched 'The Singles Ward 2'. Then we had some real food! After eating cookies and cheesy crackers for two days straight, you begin to appreciate a good home cooked meal. I didn't get home until late and was exhausted...It was easy to fall asleep after such a long weekend. I'm just glad to be back home and in the grove with work. Normally I would hate that, but not this week. Today went by fairly fast....I love days like this! Well, the NyQuil is starting to kick in and the first disc of 'Burn Notice' is repeating it menu screen over and over. I guess I'd better put in the second one and go from there....Hope everyone is having a great evening!!! Peace:)

No comments:

Post a Comment